Lebron James

Kaitlyn Starks

Lebron James was born December 30 1984 in Akron , Ohio. His childhood was a struggle for him as he moved from one house to another with his teenage mother. He begin playing basketball at a early age and his talent was amazing. He quickly made a name for himself starting as a freshmen at St. Vincent-St Mary’s High School. As a freshmen he averaged 20 points per game. He leaded is team to a state championship, and a undefeated record.

After his freshmen year Lebron took the number 23 Because Michael Jordan was his childhood idol. His sophomore year he was names Mr. Basketball in Ohio. He also led his team to a second consecutive division state championship. James begin to start getting national attention for his incredible basketball skills, and chose to stop playing football to focus on basketball , even after all the state honors he had as wide receiver. As a junior he he earned a spot on the All-USA First Team and was names Gatorade National Basketball Player of the Year. By his senior year James average was 31.6 points per game.

Lebron skipped college and entered the NBA in 2003-2004 and immediately had great impact on the Cleveland Cavaliers . He was the first member to win the NBA Rookie of the Year Award. Outside of his basketball career he became a father for the first time October 2004 with his girlfriend Savannah Brinson. In 2005 he became the youngest person to score more than 50 points in one game and was selected for NBA All-Star Game. During the 2007-2008 season his team made it to the semifinals, but were unfortunately defeated by the Boston Celtics. He became a free agent and shortly after that he announced that he would be joining the Miami Heat for 2010-2011 season.

The 2011-2012 season was major success for him and the Miami Heat they beat the Oklahoma City Thunder’s in the NBA finals. During the 2012-2013 season he became the youngest player to score 20,000 points. Miami outlasted the San Antonio Spurs in seven games to win its second consecutive Championship game. In July 2014 James announced that he would be returning to the Cavaliers. The following year they beat the Warriors in the NBA finale and that gave the Cavaliers their first championship in history. Lebron said after that game, ”I came back to bring a championship to our city. I knew what I was capable of doing.”

The student news site of Madison Academic Magnet High School
Lebron James