Volleyball Tryouts

Tryouts for the Lady Mustangs volleyball team will be held May 22-23 from 9:00 a.m. until 12.00 p.m. Tryouts will take place at Community Montessori School. Anyone who would like to try out will need a physical form. The ladies are looking forward to tryouts and a better season than what they had last year. They have also held some open gyms at Community Montessori to meet people who played last year as well as new people wanting to play. The players who played last year are very excited by the news of getting a new coach this upcoming season, and they’re looking forward to having a great season and doing better things.

I asked upcoming senior Raven Reeves how she felt about the upcoming season, and she said, ‘’I feel like since we have a new coach we are going to be a lot more prepared than we were last year. We are also going to be closer as a team and be supportive with each other. I’m sad that I only have one year with Coach Cavitt, but that’s ok.’’ She also commented about her how it felt being her last year and said, ‘’It feels good to be my last year because I think we have a really good group of seniors to help carry the team.’’

I also asked upcoming senior Brooklyn Kent how she felt about the upcoming season, and she said, ‘’I feel like the upcoming season will be great for two reasons. Because it’s my senior year and there are a lot of girls that are willing to work really hard so we can win games and possibly go to state.’’ I also asked how she felt about the new coach, and she said, “He’s really cool, and he respects us. Even though he works us we know it’s for the better. I appreciate that he’s not starting players based off age—he’s starting people on how hard they are willing to work to better the team.”

The Mustangs are very happy about this upcoming year and also are willing to work hard to make it all the way and add another trophy for the school’s athletic performance.

The student news site of Madison Academic Magnet High School
Volleyball Tryouts