The greatest comeback in Champions League history!

One of the greatest futbol clubs FC Barcelona has just made the biggest comeback in a Champions League soccer game in futbol history. On February 14th of 2017 Barcelona took a Drastic loss to French soccer team Paris Saint German. There was a mood of doom of gloom after PSG put four goals past Barça in the first leg of their Champions League round of 16 tie. But the last three weeks have provided plenty of time to digest that hefty setback, and going into the return leg the atmosphere is surprisingly upbeat.

Today on March 7th the Catalans proved they could come back on a 4-0 loss. Barcelona made the impossible possible, as they recorded the greatest comeback in Champions League history by hammering Paris Saint-Germain 6-1 at Camp Nou on Wednesday to reach the quarterfinals. A Sergi Roberto winner deep into stoppage time completed what not only looked unlikely before the match but also looked off the cards when Edinson Cavani’s second-half strike gave PSG a precious away goal. In todays game at half time the score was 3-0 in favor of Barcelona so what seemed impossible became possible with captain Lionel Messi leading the Catalans to victory with an aggregate score of 6-1. Barca took risks from the beginning here. Their execution wasn’t always perfect, but there was no doubting their commitment or belief in turning things around. Javier Mascherano and Ivan Rakitic were brilliant in that regard. With Messi, Neymar and Suarez up front, it’s little wonder they were daring to dream. 

PSG were completely unrecognisable from the side that tore through Luis Enrique’s team in Paris like no other have done in the coach’s Camp Nou era. Instead, they looked like scared rabbits in the headlights, waiting for the inevitable goals to tumble. And tumble they did.

The student news site of Madison Academic Magnet High School