The Stunning Thriller of Duke vs Syracuse

Jarvis Martin and Ke'Yon Mobley

It is an  ACC match up between Duke and Syracuse, and the tension between them is very high. With Syracuse’s loss against Georgia Tech on Monday, Syracuse was very disappointed. What they didn’t know is that they would have another chance. Duke and Syracuse were going head to head with Duke on a 7 game winning streak and ranked number 10 in NCAAM basketball going against an unranked team, so everyone didn’t know it was going to be an upset. At half, it was 33-25 at the half and Duke went on a 9-0 run to end the half.When halftime was over, Duke and  Syracuse played the second half, and Duke was beating them by 7 with 5 minutes left. Syracuse’s coach called a time out, and everyone thought Duke was going to win. The game started, and it went back and forth. At the end of the first he said, “You got the number 10 team in the country on the ropes and I want you to go out there and win.” Syracuse went out and forced 4 turnovers to make it a three point deficit, so with a minute left, Duke missed a shot, and Syracuse grabbed a rebound and pushed it and hit a layup to make it a 2 point lead. Duke got the ball and went up the court with 30 seconds left, and Luke Kennard missed the field goal which would have put them up by 4. Syracuse  passed the ball up to John Gillian with 5 seconds left, and he went up the court with 2 defenders on him. He shot from the 3 point line and made it. The Syracuse Orangemen upset the Duke Blue Devils in a fantastic fashion.

The student news site of Madison Academic Magnet High School