Did North Korea Declare War on the U.S.?

Sarah Barker, Informative Feature Story

Saturday, April 15 North Korea had a military parade, almost as though they were showing off their weapons. For two hours, Kim stood and waved from a high spot, overlooking an endless procession of tanks, missile-bearing trucks, and soldiers who stepped perfectly in time with one another. Civilians marched by clutching North Korean flags, gazing at the dictator, while shouting “long live.”

North Korea has been conducting several missile and nuclear bomb tests in defiance of the United Nations, and stating that they have developed a missile that can strike the U.S. mainland. Ironically, on Sunday, April 16 Korea launched a missile test that drastically failed a few seconds later, a day after putting on a huge display of missiles at a parade in Pyongyang.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said the United States was looking at ways to pressure North Korea over its nuclear program as North Korean state media warned the Americans of a “super-mighty preemptive strike” and said don’t “mess with us.” “Allowing this dictator to have that kind of power is not something that civilized nations can allow to happen,” Vice President, Mike Pence, said in reference to Kim Jong Un.

I suppose we shall see how the United State’s relationship with North Korea progresses with time, but for now it doesn’t seem as though it is going very well.

The student news site of Madison Academic Magnet High School