Does this mean War?

On April 6, 2017, President Trump ordered the United States Military to fire over 58 missiles on Al-Shayrat Syria Air Base, which was the base where over 5 dozen innocent men, women, and children were killed from a chemical attack on April 4, 2017.

Trump mentioned that he released the missiles in retaliation of the Syrian dictator using banned chemical agents in the April 4th attack. President Trump also went on to say, “Bashar al-Assad launched a horrible chemical weapons attack on innocent civilians. Using a deadly nerve agent, Assad choked out the lives of helpless men, women, and children. It was a slow and brutal death for so many. Even beautiful babies were cruelly murdered in this very barbaric attack. No child of God should ever suffer such horror.” So with this action, should the United States prepare for war?

A non-Trump supporter who wishes to remain anonymous stated, “Trump should not have engaged in releasing missiles on Syria because it was none of America’s business.” She also stated that he’s just as bad as the Syrians who bombed their own country because he also killed innocent people, and with him doing that this might cause war between Syria and the United States of America all because Trump can’t mind his own business. She even stated that he’s not the type of “go to person” about responsible situations.

A Trump supporter who also wishes to remain anonymous said,  “I feel that there’s nothing with what the President did, but he could have went a different route of doing what he did to Syria.”

Lastly, I asked both girls whether or not they feel that this means war. Both girls responded in the same way by saying, “yes it’s a strong possibility that America may be attacked next.”

With all of this being said, there have been many speculations of World War III, due to the fact that North Koreas President Kim Jong Un threatening the United States by stating that, “We’re ready to react to any mode of war desired by the US and we’re primed and ready to launch a nuclear weapons test.” So does this mean War?

The student news site of Madison Academic Magnet High School
Does this mean War?