2017 People’s Choice

Trace Love

With People’s Choice Awards 2017 officially wrapped, it’s time to take a deep dive into the winners list.

Ellen DeGeneres made history at the show by becoming the most decorated People’s Choice Awards winner ever. The Finding Dory star swept three big categories, including Favorite Daytime TV Host, Favorite Animated Movie Voice, and Favorite Comedic Collaboration, bringing her lifetime PCA total to a whopping 20 awards.

Her win was accompanied by a number of other triumphant moments throughout the night. In TV, last year’s Favorite Actress In a New TV Series winner, Priyanka Chopra, upended vets like Ellen Pompeo, Kerry Washington, Taraji P. Henson, and Viola Davis, to win Favorite Dramatic TV Actress. While Chopra broke into the Dramatic Actress category, The Big Bang Theory continued its reign as Favorite Network TV Comedy — taking home the coveted award for the fifth consecutive year. Meanwhile, Shades of Blue star and all-around triple threat Jennifer Lopez proved she really can do it all by winning her first major TV award: the PCA for Favorite TV Crime Drama Actress.

Movie stars were also out in full force at the PCAs, with the likes of Robert Downey Jr., Kevin Hart, Melissa McCarthy, Dwayne Johnson and more taking the stage to accept awards. Sully star Tom Hanks was also in the house, winning Favorite Dramatic Movie Actor.

While Justin Timberlake won Favorite Male Artist and Favorite Song, the biggest music story of the night undoubtedly belonged to Fifth Harmony. The now-foursome capped off a show stopping performance of their single “Work From Home” by winning Favorite Group.

The student news site of Madison Academic Magnet High School
2017 People’s Choice