Downtown Mural

In our little town of Jackson, TN, people are starting to appreciate the history and pride we hold in our hearts. This all started with the recreation of downtown. First, there was the Farmers Market, and then the Jackson Walk popped up and really drew people downtown. The housing facilities, shopping, restaurants, and state of the art gym made it the place to be. This year was the first time Jackson, TN celebrated 731 Day. On July 31 (7-31) members of our community come together to celebrate this town. The biggest project to commence the first year of 731 Day was the Jackson Mural. It is located on the outside of the ComeUnity Café. The mural is designed in the style of a vintage postcard. Seven local artists volunteered to fill in the letters with pictures representing town landmarks. The landmarks include the Bemis Mill, the Farmer’s Market, the Greyhound bus station, and the Jackson Generals stadium. There is also a rockabilly music-themed letter, a Casey Jones-themed letter, and a Tennessee flag-themed letter. Some of the artists were full-time artists already well established in the community, but three were newer to the art community and recent graduates of Liberty Technology Magnet High School. Members of the community are excited for this new addition. They think it will help our little town show some pride. The mural is fully complete and ready to set its mark on this community. Go downtown and take your picture with friends and share it online!

The student news site of Madison Academic Magnet High School
Downtown Mural