Galaxy S8: making a comeback?

Kajal Govin

This past month Samsung has released their newest smartphone, the Galaxy S8. This new smartphone, according to the North Korean company has had a thirty percent rise since pre-orders were first opened. This is good news,  not only for the Samsung since the recent failure of the Note 7 smartphone, but for the company as a whole.  Tim Baxter, COO and President of Samsung America noted that “it is a privilege to make groundbreaking products that are enjoyed by million, and have recommitted ourselves to innovate, not only with new products and services, but also in process.”  Although it is unlikely that the ratio between pre-orders and walk-up retail sales will be widely different to the previous years, the Galaxy S8 is on  course to being Samsung’s biggest selling smartphone. It is also said that the company will be looking forward to a significant contribution to its bottom line mobile team. According to Forbes.com, “it shows that the demand is still there for a high-end Android flagship packed with technology.”  Also the Galaxy family is the only effective challenger in terms of sales to the Apple iPhone. Lastly,  the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are on course to return Samsung to the top of the demand in the past year. Overall Samsung has stepped up their game since the Note 7 incident this past year.

The student news site of Madison Academic Magnet High School
Galaxy S8: making a comeback?