Personality Profile: Miss Tyler

Hannah Collins and Lynnea Baldwin

A teacher, coach, and University of Tennessee at Knoxville alumni is taking on the challenge of teaching her first year here at Madison Academic Magnet High School, but spent her very first year teaching at Powell High School of Knoxville. Born and raised in Jackson, Tennessee she attended Southside High School and then furthered her education at University of Tennessee at Knoxville where she majored in History and double minored in political science and secondary education.

While at University of Tennessee at Knoxville she endured a life changing experience that taught her to be independent and to have perseverance. This is also where she made the final decision of becoming a teacher her freshman year of college.

When asked about her favorite part of teaching here at Madison she says, “Getting to create a fun and effective environment with my students.”, but with that there is always a least favorite part and hers would have to be the standardized testing.

Outside of teaching she enjoys spending time with her dog Neylee and sometimes catching up with some her of favorite shows on Netflix. Meanwhile she plans on moving into her new house over the summer which will take up a lot of time.

Miss Tyler is a down to earth, hard-working teacher who is ready to see what future hold for her and her dog Neylee.

The student news site of Madison Academic Magnet High School
Personality Profile: Miss Tyler